Hello hello and happy Autumn to everyone!
I know it’s been veeeeery quiet around here lately but it’s because we’ve been cooking up some good news: our family is expanding! We’re expecting our first in February and I’ve just been taking these past few months to slow down, relax, and nurture this little miracle inside me.
We’re officially half way through the pregnancy and, with 20 weeks to go, I’ve been inspired to create a “Before Baby Adventure List (BBAL)” of all the things that Peter and I want to do before the little one arrives. We wrote down activities we’ve been meaning to do and also scoured the book ‘Tired of London, Tired of Life‘ for suggestions. This list is a celebration of enjoying life before motherhood, inspiration to get me off the couch some days, and just a great excuse to explore London more. And yes, I’ll be reporting back on all of our adventures so you can come along for the ride!
So, in no particular order, here goes…
Holly & Peter’s Before Baby Adventure List
- Go apple picking
- Visit the US
- Go up the Shard or eat in one of the restaurants
- See more musicals — Wicked, Mathilda, Lion King
- See ‘The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time’
- Go to an NFL game in London
- See exhibits at the V&A Museum — Horst Photographer of Style, Wedding Dresses 1775 – 2014
- Celebrate Guy Fawkes Day/ Bonfire Night
- Host an Autumn gathering for friends
- Get a fresh Christmas tree
- Attend a concert at St Martin in the Fields
- Host a pre-Christmas gathering for friends
- Have German food and (non-alcoholic) beer at Katzenjammers bavarian bierkeller
- See a film at the historic Phoenix Cinema
- Go on a ghost tour at Hampton Court Palace
- Have another day at the races
- Shop at Junior League’s Boutique de Noel fundraiser
- Stargaze at the Hampstead Scientific Society Observatory
- Sing Christmas carols somewhere festive
- Visit the British Museum
- Eat at the UK’s oldest Indian Restaurant, Veeraswamy
- Carve pumpkins for Halloween
- Visit Cheddar caves in Cheddar, England
- Prepare my garden allotment for the winter
- Eat at the Portrait Restaurant above the National Portrait Gallery
- Go to the top of St Paul’s Cathedral
- Enjoy the Christmas lights on Regent Street
- Volunteer with Junior League of London
- Visit the Kensington Roof Gardens
That should keep me busy for a while, shouldn’t it? I’m not sure I’ll get through all of it but at least I can try!
And on that note, I think I’d better get started 🙂 Check back in for updates soon!