It’s hard to imagine that tomorrow will be December. Where did November go?
Before my thoughts start charging ahead to Christmas, it’s nice to slow down a bit, think of the last few weeks, and catch you up on what’s been happening. So I know what you’re all thinking, “where do we stand with the BBAL?” Well, including a trip to the US, I’ve been able to check off five things on the list – woohoo!
We’ve also done tons of baby prep. We’re signed up to go to NCT birth preparation classes in January, a hypnobirthing class in December and have received or purchased almost all of the supplies we need for the beginning of parenthood. So exciting!
Regrettably, there is one thing on our BBAL that just won’t be happening this year and that’s ‘Celebrate Guy Fawkes Day/ Bonfire Night’. The festivities came and went while I was stuck at home with a cold. Ah well, there’s always next year and so many other things to look forward to.
Here’s a most recent rundown:
- Done and dusted
Go apple picking Attend a concert at St Martin in the Fields Have German food and (non-alcoholic) beer at Katzenjammers bavarian bierkeller Prepare my garden allotment for the winter Eat at the Portrait Restaurant above the National Portrait Gallery See exhibit at the V&A Museum: Wedding Dresses 1775 – 2014 Carve pumpkins for Halloween Go to an NFL game in London Attend a taping of a TV show
- Not in the cards
- Celebrate Guy Fawkes Day/ Bonfire Night
- Will tell you about this week
- Visit the British Museum
- Host an Autumn gathering for friends
- Shop at Junior League’s Boutique de Noel fundraiser
- Visit the US
- Volunteer with Junior League of London
- Still to come…
- Go up the Shard or eat in one of the restaurants
- See more musicals — Wicked, Mathilda, Lion King
- See ‘The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time’
- See exhibit at the V&A Museum — Horst Photographer of Style
- Get a fresh Christmas tree
- Host a pre-Christmas gathering for friends
- See a film at the historic Phoenix Cinema
- Go on a ghost tour at Hampton Court Palace
- Have another day at the races
- Stargaze at the Hampstead Scientific Society Observatory
- Sing Christmas carols somewhere festive
- Eat at the UK’s oldest Indian Restaurant, Veeraswamy
- Visit Cheddar caves in Cheddar, England
- Go to the top of St Paul’s Cathedral
- Enjoy the Christmas lights on Regent Street
- Visit the Kensington Roof Gardens